Robb Willis, a native Georgian and long-time resident of Atlanta, is a founder and Chairman of Troutman Pepper Strategies and leads the group's Atlanta, DC, and Richmond offices. Robb has more than 20 years of government affairs experience and has helped build TPS into a results-oriented, bipartisan practice with deep political and business relationships. Over the years, TPS has formed a vast network on the national, regional and local levels. Through Robb's leadership, the group continues to grow and expand on its great track record of success.
Robb has successfully managed complex issues for a multitude of clients in the technology, tax, telecommunications, banking/fintech, construction/development, film, transportation, and health care industries. TPS clients see Robb as a partner and look to him to bring strategies to life that strengthen their industry position and network of influencers.
Prior to entering the private sector, Willis served the Georgia State Senate and in the Office of Lieutenant Governor of Georgia. Willis is regularly recognized by media and industry authorities and is regarded as one of the top government affairs consultants in the Southeast.
Robb has helped pave the way for many significant policy changes in the state of Georgia, including:
• Many successful state agency procurements
• Major health care reform, including CON law repeals
• Major rewrite of Georgia Corporate tax code
• Expanding the Georgia film tax credit
• Sunday alcohol sale
Representative matters may include engagements before joining Troutman Pepper.
• Senior Manager, Page Scrantom Sprouse Tucker & Ford, P.C.
• Chief of Staff; President Pro-Tempore; Georgia State Senate
• Georgia State University College of Law, J.D.
• University of Georgia, B.A.
Professional and Community Involvement
• Emory University, Board of Visitors
• University of Georgia, Board of Visitors
• Board Member, Georgia State University College of Law
Rankings and Recognition
• "Top 100 Registered Lobbyists," James Magazine, 2022.
• "Lobbyist Hall of Fame," James Magazine, 2022.
• Named "Most Influential Attorney," James Magazine, 2021.
• Named "Most Influential Georgian," James Magazine, 2021-2022.
• Named "#1 Lobbyist in Georgia," James Magazine, 2021.