Kade has represented and continues to represent small businesses, large corporations, non-profit organizations and governmental entities by providing a menu of governmental affairs services. Kade has a wide range of public policy and legislative experience he utilizes to assist his clients in navigating the political process. Kade specializes in policy development, issue advocacy, political strategy and procurement planning.
Over the past 12 years, Kade’s focus has included economic development, tax and finance, environment and energy, regulation, labor, insurance, innovative healthcare solutions and improving Georgia’s legal climate. During the same period of time, Kade has developed key professional relationships within all branches of state government and with the majority of Georgia’s industries, affording him unique access to information and ability to successfully navigate the political process on behalf of his clients.
Kade created and built the state’s top legal reform advocacy organization, Georgians for Lawsuit Reform. In his role as executive director, Kade was responsible for providing strategic direction, policy guidance, leadership support and for serving as the organization’s lead lobbyist. Kade has helped lead the effort to improve Georgia’s civil justice system with his work on:
• SB 383, establishing an international arbitration code in Georgia
• HB 683, simplifying the process by which garnishment responses are filed
• SB 113, clarifying how service of process may be properly made on a corporation
• HB 192, reinserting the business judgment rule into the corporate and banking codes.
• HR 993, a constitutional amendment creating a statewide business court in Georgia.
Kade has also focused on several other issue areas, including his work to eliminate regulatory hurdles through SB 427 and SB 428. These legislative reforms have served to streamline the permitting process and identify and reduce duplicative state and federal regulation on Georgia businesses by requiring each state agency to provide an annual federal mandate report. He also assisted in the creation of a specialized court for enhanced resolution of tax disputes with the passage of HB 100. Finally, Kade led the effort to eliminate staged motor vehicle collisions with his work on HB 353.
Representative matters may include engagements before joining Troutman Pepper.
Professional and Community Involvement
• NFIB Georgia Legal Advisory Council
• Advisory Committee on Legislation for Georgia Bar
• Business Court Committee for Georgia Bar
• The Federalist Society
• Passion City Church Parking Lead
• Buckhead Baseball Coach
• Junior Achievement of Georgia Volunteer
Rankings and Recognition
• Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch: Government Relations Practice (2023)
• U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform Outstanding State Alliance Award Recipient
• Counsel, Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP
• Georgians for Lawsuit Reform, Executive Director
• Vice President, Legal, Georgia Chamber of Commerce
• Counsel, Legislative and Congressional Reappointment Office
• Legal Fellow, Office of Governor Sonny Purdue
• Court of Appeals of Georgia
• Supreme Court of Georgia
• Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2010
• University of Georgia, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006