Jennifer Walle serves as a Senior Manager of State Government Affairs in the Richmond Office of Troutman Pepper Strategies. Jennifer has over a decade of government relations experience and expertise. Jennifer’s lobbying experience at the state level focuses on transportation, procurement, economic development, energy matters, health care, and locality advocacy. She has represented commercial developers, localities, non-profits, and both IT and health care companies before the Virginia General Assembly and the Executive Branch offices.
Before joining Troutman Pepper Strategies, Jennifer was an Associate at Cornerstone Government Affairs, having previously served as the Vice President of Legislative Affairs and Campaign Development for Right Policy & Media. Before joining RPM, Jennifer served as City Council Liaison for the City of Richmond as well as a Budget Analyst, specializing in the CIP, or Capital Improvement Plan. Jennifer also served as a Unit Director for the Republican Party of Virginia, working to elect local and state legislators during the 2007 Election. Jennifer has substantial experience fundraising for federal, state, and locally elected officials.
Jennifer has a B.A. in Political Science and Government from Christopher Newport University, where she graduated cum laude. She also is a graduate of the Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership at the University of Virginia. Jennifer has continuing education credits in Governmental Accounting and received her personal training certification. Jennifer served on Governor-Elect Ralph Northam’s Policy Council on Veterans and Defense Affairs. She currently sits on the Christopher Newport University Richmond Alumni Board.
Jennifer’s experience at both the state and local level in government relations, constituent services, legislative and budget matters, fundraising, and political campaigns, ensures a multi-faceted approach to advocate for our clients.
- Assisted national and regional construction firms in Virginia regarding changes to the Commonwealth’s procurement methods and worked with clients on legislation to reform Virginia procurement laws in the areas of Construction Management at Risk and Design- Build contracting
- Assisted national and international transportation and development companies in complex public-private partnerships (P3s or PPPs) and infrastructure development
- Represented national health care association on outreach and legislative initiatives
- Represented local governments on state funding, grants, economic development, and legislative initiatives
- Successfully garnered over $6 million in state grants and external financing for a transformational economic development project
- Assisted in passing legislation to increase the safety of school buses on Virginia roads
- Assisted National and Virginia-based startups with the legislative, procurement, budget, and regulatory process in Virginia